Join us for a panel discussion to dive into the history of philanthropy in Indiana, the historic Hoosier philanthropists, and how Hoosiers of all economic backgrounds have participated in philanthropy.
Drawing on research from their recent publication, Hoosier Philanthropy: The History of Giving, panelists will share their insights into the values and principles of giving Hoosiers hold dear.
Free for IHS Members, $5 for general public.
- Dr. James Connolly, Ball State University, George and Frances Ball Distinguished Professor of History and Director of the Center for Middletown Studies
- Dr. Tyrone Freeman, IU Lilly Family School of Philanthropy, Associate Professor of Philanthropic Studies
- Dr. Ruth Hansen, University of Wisconsin – Whitewater, Director, Institute for Nonprofit Management Studies
- Dr. Gregory Witkowski, Columbia University, Senior Lecturer, Nonprofit Management Programs
- Moderated by Dr. Nicole Etcheson, Alexander M. Bracken Distinguished Professor of History at Ball State University