Race into the Eugene and Marilyn Glick Indiana History Center to celebrate the history of “The Greatest Spectacle in Racing”! Join us for a variety of educational activities, check out artifacts from the Indianapolis Motor Speedway Museum, and get a photo in Rick Mears’ 1980 Penske PC-9 Indy car (weather dependent). Some of the day’s features include:
- An appearance from legendary broadcaster Paul Page to talk about his book, “Hello, I’m Paul Page: It’s Race Day in Indianapolis.” Page will speak at 1 p.m., and his book will be available for purchase.
- Check out artifacts from the Indianapolis Speedway Museum.
- Get your photo taken with Rick Mears’ 1980 Penske PC-9 Indy car (weather dependent).
- Learn about the history and traditions of the Indianapolis 500 and the evolution of cars on the track.
- Test out cars on three different tracks that simulate the various materials that the Speedway track has been made of such as mud and rocks, bricks, and asphalt.
- The world premiere of the Harrison Center’s Porch Party Indy Annual Video.
- Pick up exclusive porch party décor kits.
- Help decorate the IHS porch for the month of May.
- See the official unveiling of the Welcome Race Fans artwork commissioned for this year’s Indianapolis 500.
All Kick-off to May activities are included with general admission.