Are you looking for an inquiry-based project for your students? Do you want a project that allows your students to explore their own interests through research? Are you looking for something new to challenge your students?
Look no further than National History Day!
The Indiana Historical Society administers the state NHD contests, and we’d love to introduce you to this program! It will challenge your students and help them develop lifelong research and presentation skills. We’ll be at the Allen County Public Library Genealogy Center on Sept. 19 to talk about this wonderful program. The Library will also talk about the resources available to students researching for NHD projects.
National History Day Students
• Are in grades four through 12.
• Choose a historical topic based on an annual theme.
• Research and develop an exhibit, paper, documentary, performance or website.
• Can present their projects at regional, state and even national contests.
• Explore history through topics including science, art, math and literature.